The safer alternative to oil baths
Heat-On accepts vials, tubes and flasks from 10 ml to 5 litres.
- Replace messy oil baths, heating mantles and avoid spills.
- Make your chemistry safer, cleaner and faster.
- Solid aluminium blocks provide even heating.
- Lightweight design allows rapid heating.
- Unique well design eliminates cracking of flasks.
- Blocks feature two probe holes for added convenience
- Optional and detachable lifting handles.
- Optional PTFE Safety Covers reduce risk of user touching hot blocks
- Block for Florentine (pear-shaped) flasks.
- Use up to 260˚C.
- Fit on all leading hotplate brands with a 145mm Ø top plate; optional adapter plate for 135mm Ø top plates
Choice of block finishes
- Fluoropolymer coating gives superb chemical resistance
- Offers outstanding chemical resistance to most solvents, acids and alkalis
- Extends the product life
- Is easy-to-clean
- Reduces heat-up time.
- Anodised finish is durable, lower cost option
- Offers good resistance to most common lab solvents
- durable hard anodised surface resists impact damage and is easy to clean
Reasons for choosing Heat-On – cleaner, greener, safer
The risk of oil fires and injury from hot oil spills, plus the mess and cost associated with the use of oil means that oil baths no longer represent safe working practice in labs. Heating mantles are expensive, difficult to clean, do not respond well to spills and often create hot spots when heating.
Scientists are increasingly turning to specially designed aluminium blocks located on stirring hotplates to heat standard round bottom flasks.
Oil baths are messy, dangerous and costly
- Oil will discolour and degrade with repeated heating and contamination from chemicals, water and general debris.
- Degradation results in a dangerous lowering of the oil’s flashpoint as well as increased smoking and fumes.
- Oil should be regularly replaced to maintain a safe working environment.
- Disposal of oil waste must be done in an environmentally and safe way, with associated costs.
For a comparison of the cost of using a Heat-On Blocks and Oil Baths over a 1 and 3 year period please visit Technical Downloads and download the Heat-On V Oil Bath Comparison.
Heating mantles are expensive
Heating mantles are expensive, difficult to clean, do not respond well to spills and often create hot spots when heating.